2013年11月21日 星期四

Being Alone (SPM Essay 2013)





Write a story about being alone (SPM 2013 Paper 1 Section B Question 3).



           I could not sleep throughout that night, not even a minute. It was just because I might miss the boats or ships that passed by the island. I was shivering in cold even it was just a gentle breeze. I thought to myself that things had been different if I did not take part in that vacation alone. I had never imagined in my wildest dream that a spectacular vacation on a cruise ship in the beginning turned out to be a nightmarish affair.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


           The day before was awesome. I embarked on a three-day vacation trip on a cruise ship alone. I had never felt so relax and freedom in my life! Never! I used to be a 16 A+ student in SPM; I used to be Petronas Company manager; I used to have Ferrari and a huge house; I used to have fame and wealth! However, I was not happy at all. I used to feel alone and stress during working. Thus, to escape myself from those unnecessary "negative element" in my life, I choosed to take part this vacation alone.

            The scenic view was splendid across the horizon of the sea as far as eyes could see. The sea water was crystal clear and the sky was a magnificent azure. My blissful day did not stop here! The dusk thrilled on me as I sat on a chair. The sky gave its golden appeal and the sun looked like it was sinking into the sea as the night began to unfold. The night sky was enshrouded by the twinkling stars. I was staggering to see the view of the opulent God's magnum opus.

            However, as the night grew older, something totally different was going to happen. The sky was too dark. The glimmering stars started to disappear on the night sky. In my instinct, something horrible would have happened but I just could not figure it out. I just went into my room and dived into a deep slumber.

            "RIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!"

            "This is your captain speaking! Abandon the ship! The ship is about to sink!"

            "RIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!"

            The loud ringing sound woke me up from my comfort bed. When I was listening the announcement, to my horror, the ship was in topsy-turvy. The high jinks enshrouded the air. Then I realised, there was a storm happening outside. I left my room. I was completely flummoxed and saw people running riggledy-piggledy as they did not know what to do. The last thing that I could remember on the ship was the huge wave crushed upon the the cruise. Then, everything seemed to darken.

            "RORRRRRRR!!!!!!"

            Streaks of light awoke me up. Then, I found out that I was on the beach. I thought that the misery was ended. However, a little exploration did not bring much hope. There was nobody on the beach. I built up a settlement near the beach. I lay upon the leaves bedding. I wondered. Could I survive? Did my family members know that I was being alone on the beach? How long could I have to wait alone? I prayed to God.

            "Dear father Lord, please lead me to face this trouble. As You have promised, '(Isaiah 41.10) fear not, for I am with you. I will uphold you with My righteous hand.' Please give me confident, faith and power.In Jesus name I pray. Amen."

             "WIIIINNNNNNKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!"

             Out of the blue, an abrupt siren was heard from afar. God really heard my prayer! Swiftly, I jumped from the leaves bedding and ran to the beach. I shouted for my life when waving my hands up to the air.

              "Help! I'm here! On the island! Help! Help! I'm here!"

             The siren became louder and louder. Finally, I was safe. The tears of joy started to drop from my eyes. At that moment, before I stepped onto the rescue ship, I knew that I was a God-richly blessed child as I was still alive. God never gave up on me even though I might gave up on Him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


             Sometimes, you are feeling alone even though you are crowded with people at noise party and work. However, when you are being alone, there is only one person who will accompany you, who is our God. From that incident, I have learnt to live a meaningful life instead of successful life.God is magnificent. He never let me feel alone when I was being alone. Life is meaningless if without Him. Thus, like what Gary Ryan Blair has said, "We only live once, but once is enough if we do it right. Live your life with class, dignity and style so that an exclamation, rather than a question mark signifies it!"

             I am strong when I am on Your shoulder. :)







When I was writing the ending part, I found that it was quite challenging to me especially if I related things about Christian and religion. But still, I am very grateful that I can write such essay with full of my emotion. Indeed, I thank God for giving me a special life. When I am being alone, He is the one that never let me feel alone :) #Let everything to Him. That's what I can do now!


-The End-

沒有留言:

張貼留言